Restoring and correcting artifacts in film has historically been a very time consuming and highly manual labour. Over the years, software companies have made efforts to release products that relieve some of this manual labour by semi-automating tasks. The user interface has often been quite technical and not very user-friendly so even with a complete feature-set they are often very hard to use.
This is where Recuro Media comes in. Our goal is to provide you with an online cloud-based tool to simplify film restoration, at a fraction of the price and time spent.
for more information and project pricing.
Film Restoration Filters
Dust & Noise
- Dust & Scratches removes stray hairs, retouches scratches and repairs damaged frames.
- Noise removes all inconsistent noise between frames and creates a smoother frame appearance.
- Keep Grain lets you keep the grain in the film if you want that classic look of film.
Color & Contrast
- Color Balance evens the white balance and removes discolourations often found in aged film.
- Color Saturation restores the color saturation in scenes that have a low saturation of colours.
- Contrast Expansion increases the contrast which increases details and sharpness.
Motion & Stability
- Image Stabilization Reduces high frequency jitter from time of scanning.
- Reduce Flicker reduces light flickering between frames in old B/W movies.
- Content Stabilization reduces shakiness caused by instabilities when film was shot.
- Vertical Scratches reduces long constant vertical scratches along the frame.
- High Frame Rate doubles the frame rate for a more fluid motion.
- Bad Scene Changes replaces up to two bad frames between scenes.
- Color Casting clears the colors in a film that is covered in a strong color haze.
- Adaptive Sharpness sharpens details in frames depending on scene sharpness.
- Natural Speed makes silent films (16fps scanned at 24/25fps) move along at a natural speed.
- Volume Normalization increases volume to a normalized level without clipping.
- Reduce Noise reduces background noise without affecting clarity.
- Increase Clarity increases clarity and makes voices and details easier to hear.
Restored Film Samples
Here are some short samples of film that has been restored using our service. The films span from the 1920s to the 1970s.