Restoring and correcting artifacts in film has historically been a very time consuming and highly manual labour. Over the years, software companies have made efforts to release products that relieve some of this manual labour by semi-automating tasks. The user interface has often been quite technical and not very user-friendly so even with a complete feature-set they are often very hard to use.
This is where Recuro Media comes in. Our goal is to provide you with an online cloud-based tool to simplify film restoration, at a fraction of the price and time spent.
Our service use many different filters to restore your film. They are all of different complexity and some filters affect only smaller portions of the screen while others affect the total surface of the film. Take a look at some sample videos below that show what the film will look like before and after processing. It's absolutely free to sign up and to start evaluate our service.
Film Restoration Filters
Dust & Noise Section
- Dust & Scratches removes stray hairs, retouch scratches and repairs damaged frames.
- Noise removes all inconsistent noise between frames and creates a smoother frame appearance.
- Keep Grain lets you keep the grain in the film if you want that classic look of film.
Color & Contrast Section
- Color Balance evens the white balance and removes discolourations often found in aged film.
- Color Saturation restores the color saturation in scenes that have a low saturation of colours.
- Contrast Expansion increases the contrast which increases details and sharpness.
Motion & Stability Section
- Image Stabilization removes high frequency shaking (frames jump up and down fast).
- Natural Speed makes silent films (16fps scanned at 24/25fps) move along at a natural speed.
- Content Stabilization reduces shakiness caused by instabilities when film was shot
Restored Film Samples
Here are some short samples of film that has been restored using our service. The films span from the 1920s to the 1970s.